Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I feel sick.

As I sit in my chair, working on the project for a blogging friend's sick family member, a Susan G. Kommen 3 day breast cancer walk commercial comes on. No big deal, right? Every time I see a commercial like that, it affects me, but this time I heard something just right and it SMACKED ME RIGHT IN THE FACE! The girl holds up a pic of her mom and says, "I never really got to have a say as to whether or not I wanted to lose my mom, now, I feel like I have had my say." I just wept. SUCKS! I know exactly how that girl feels, which is why I make quilts for those who have lost and those who are sick. I do the only little thing that I can to help someone heal. It helps me heal a little too, but right now, I feel sick!

5 comments:

Christina said...

I'm so sorry the blanket brought you to feel pain...I really am. :(

Momma B said...

Unfortunately and fortunately, Christina, every time a make something for someone's loss or someone in need it helps me see a little more of my own pain, but it also helps me heal a little more each time. Don't feel bad. Making a quilt for her is actually helping me too.

Christina said...

That's all I needed to hear... and here are my arms wrapping around you, squeezing you!! (((((hugs)))))

Jen said...

I don't watch much t.v. just becasue of the commercials :(

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

I miss Mom. I had another bad dream last night that she came back to life and died again before I had a chance to see her again.