Saturday, October 3, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

My page and my Etsy are both thinking pink this month, in honor of my Momma! I miss her terribly! September was 2 years since she died. She had breast cancer in 2004. She was given a clean bill of health somewhere along the lines. She was checked out every 3 months and then 6. She had gone in for a check up in June, I believe, and told that she was doing fine and her numbers were in check. In 2007, she was told that she was just depressed and that nothing was wrong with her, even though she was dying of secondary liver cancer. I seemed to be the only one who knew what was going on and that really angered me!! That actually pissed me off, rather severely! I watched her deteriorating before my eyes. I was pregnant with my last child, whom she never met, so I was more emotional than usual, but feelings are feeling and I knew I would miss her terribly when she was gone. She left this world September 19th 2007. She was my hero, although she was not perfect. I still miss her sitting her typing about this!

My sister and I support a Relay for Life team. We are friends with a few of the members and one of them keeps a running donation open all year long.

In the month of October, Sandy at http://www.capecodconsignments.etsy.com , Kylie at http://www.browneyedgirl1489.etsy.com , and I at http://www.MoMmAb7.etsy.com are all donating a portion of our sales to breast cancer awareness, but more importantly it will benefit all cancers, since the Relay for Life support more than just that.

Let's stomp out cancer!

No child, brother, sister, friend, mother, father, grandma, or grandpa should ever lose a loved one to this CRAP!

If you want to go straight to the horse's mouth, please visit http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/ and show your support!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

So sorry for your loss. Our church has been involved in relay for life for 3 years now. We've lost members there because of this disease. My sister Vickie has been suffering with liver and bone cancer for 2- 1/2 years now. I think she had 2 months that she hasn't had chemo. She originally had breast cancer 12 years ago and was in remision for 10 years. Right now she's doing a clinical trial at Sarah Cannon in Nashville. Please keep her in your prayers. Thanks for your help in the fight.