Saturday, January 3, 2009

GFIC

For Christmas, I got an assortment of thoughtful items from a good friend of mine. One of the items was a can of GFIC Chai Latte. I have never tried this kind, but I do love my chai, so I thought it would be worth a shot. What's that? You don't know what GFIC is? Ok, sorry! I will elaborate. Any coffee drinker over the age of, oh, let's say 40, if not before lost her flavored coffee virginity to General Foods International Coffees! Long before the time of Star Bucks and other major coffee chains, during a time when there were coffee shops rather than coffee houses, there was a can of GFIC on the countertop of many American housewives and otherwise! Good old GFIC! Suisse Mocha and other flavors were among my mother's coffee delights! I don't drink coffee, so I had never bought any of this, but it was in my box of gifts and certainly worth a try. I can say that if I tried drinking this particular brand of chai alone, I don't think I would be very pleased with it, because it is over run by cinnamon, but one teaspoon mixed in with my favorite Oregon Chai makes the most wonderful chai flavor explosion! YAY ME!

Yep, I really do get that excited over chai tea! It is just an extension of me and every part of my being! This morning I had to make a choice--treadmill, or chai? Meeeeema and I decided that the chai was a logical decision! It is just what has to be!

Have a great day coffee and non-coffee drinkers alike!

2 comments:

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

At first I was thinking, "What the heck is GFIC?" After you said something about Mom's Swiss Mocha, though, I completely remembered it. I have a little tin of GFIC chai at my house! haha I'm glad I got to be in the loop on that one even though I am not 40! I can't wait to see you today in a normal setting that has nothing to do with a holiday. It is bringing me one step closer to my routine which means one step closer to sanity!!

Marcia said...

Very clever to use it as flavoring! Smart you! I remember those international coffee commercials, but I can't say I've ever tried any. Weird.