Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Well, I don't do the typical American New Year's resolutions, because they always seem to come back to bite me!

I would like to have a magical resolution about being more patient with my kids, but the last time I went and did something as sssssstupid as asking God for patience, I found myself wanting to beat the whole damned family for weeks and weeks on end!

So, I resolve to be more sensible with the things that I ask for!

What do you think about that!!?!???!

No suckers here!

2 comments:

bernthis said...

I get it. The minute I tell myself, "no more chocolate", I crave nothing except chocolate and it takes more to make me happy than before I made that stupid statement.

Marcia said...

Great resolution! I once (ONCE) prayed for a vacation and spent an entire week in a tiny room outside the hospital's NICU hopeful that the medicine they were pumping into my tiny daughter would be enough to save her life. Uh. Yeah. Not really what I had in mind.