Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Did It! I Did It!

Woooo Hooooo! I am excited! I have not done this for almost 20 years!


Ok, so maybe this black scarf with a red racing stripe does not look like much to the artful crocheting mind, but I did it! My grandma suggested double crochet, since my single looks like I am tying knots! Everything I did by way of single crochet was sooooo tight that half way through whatever I happened to be attempting I would have to stop and start anew! Bad news! But, once I got to know the double crochet, I actually made a full fledged scarf! And the kicker is that my 11 year old SON wanted it to be his! He told be when I began crocheting a few weeks ago that he would probably never wear a scarf, so I should basically count him out. I was a little sad, but I did not say anything. I guess I just thought it would be one more that I could donate to a good cause. That was my whole intention. I would crochet scarf after scarf and donate them. No such luck! Did I mention that I have a million kids? Well, my sister made one for one of the kids, but the rest of them seem to be attaching themselves to the things I am making, so I have no donation scarves thus far, but if I am quick and keep making them as fast as my fingers will go, I may just be able to donate a few!?!?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really cool lookin!! I know Dalton would wear that! Mr Z must be proud of his mama!! So glad he wants it. My grandma crochet all the time when I was growing up...blankets, barbie clothes, cabbage patch kid clothes, dish towels, etc etc etc. I never got the hang of it but embroidering I got with no problem. You should be very proud of your talents...cause I am sure jealous!

Momma B said...

Thanks!

Momma B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcia said...

Oh that is a great scarf! I can see why he likes it, it's certainly masculine enough. I've never made a scarf like that. I think I should give it a try.

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

Woohoo! is right. That's fantastic. I really like it. It seems the double crochet was made for you. I am ready to make myself a noose out of all my stinking sock yarn! I hope I can master it, but over the past two days, I have put my homework aside (bad news) trying to perfect these stinking socks, and I have had to start over so many times I can't even remember. I am sad and frustrated because I really want this to work!! Does G-ma knit?